Babette has nutritious food, clean water and attends an excellent school. Her mother is a nurse who helped children after the earthquake and her father graduated with a degree in accounting. She is prepared for a bright future.
This child has dignity, grace, and tenacity. Someone who loves her wove a red ribbon in her hair. She and her family need clean water, good food, a safe shelter, and an education for productive employment.
Jacque lives in a home for challenged children. He attends school, works on a computer, and sings in the choir. He is nurtured, receives physical therapy and life skills for his future. He will succeed.
Accomplishments & Opportunities
- Members of our medical coalitions immunized 34,000 children.
- We research and evaluate information for this web site’s Resources.
- Our medical network provides medical referrals for ill or injured patients.
- Volunteers collect hundreds of books for libraries and computers for schools.
- After the earthquake, corporations and hospitals donated $400,000 of sterile surgical
supplies to The Haiti Connection that Rotary International flew to our associates in Haiti.
- Churches, a book club, and Rotary club donated 3,000 reading glasses for people in tents.
- Associates teach students about safe water, work in medical clinics, and construct homes.
- Donors can fund a water project; collect surgical supplies, books, computers and futballs.
- Contribute funds to dig a well, for household water bottles, for teachers and scholarships.
- Teach, learn, enjoy music and art, establish friendships, join in worship; be an associate.